 Robotics / Handy Board / 604
603  |  605
Subject:
Bend Sensors/ ES Chasis kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 15:17:06 GMT

Greetings!

I have been trying to get a hold of some AGE bend sensors. It appears that
AGE does not make them any more. Is that true? Are there any similar
products that can be used instead (with the HB).

Has any one used the (wooden?) chasis kits listed in the
Edmund Scientific catalogs? These come with 1 or more motors (probably
3 V).

I also saw (in the same catalog) a pre-assembled grasping arm (powered by
2 C batteries) that is controlled via a wired box (and 3 motors). I am
imagining splicing the control box out and using the HB instead. This
one costs $69.95.

I was on the phone with a person from M and T systems in California. They
supply a Hex Walker that is controlled by a STAMP chip. The person claimed
that one can easily detach the STAMP controller and use a HB instead.
Apparently the legs can carry upto 1 lb of weight (although officially
the payload is supposed to be 6-8 oz) IOW it can carry the HB. Has any one
tried this? I suspect it will require the expansion board (I think the
legs are driven by 2 servos).

Deepak.
---
Deepak Kumar                            E-mail: dkumar@blackcat.brynmawr.edu
Department of Math. & Computer Science                 Voice: (610) 526-7485
Bryn Mawr College                  Fax: (610) 526-5086
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010               WWW: http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/~dkumar/