 Robotics / Handy Board / 603
Re: Electronic Compass?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:16:36 GMT

Has anyone gotten a relatively cheap (<$100) electronic compass, like the
KVH100, to i/f to the Handyboard?  I believe it uses the SPI architecture
which matches the Handyboard.

I messed with the Vector2X (~$50 from Jameco) on the miniboard.  It
was supposed to have a SPI compatible bus, but I couldn't get it to
work with SPI bus.  I got it to work with one of the other IO ports.

Using the handyboard with IC might make it useable.  The trouble with
Vector2X was each sample took over 100ms to clock in, and (well on the
miniboard using the other port), you can't be doing anything else
during the capture.

--
tgb@bnr.com