 Robotics / Handy Board / 5608
  Sharp Ir and Eltec 442 Pyro detector

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone of you could help me. I'm trying to connect a hacked version of a Sharp GP1U58Y Ir detector(hacked so it is now analog instead of digital) to the HB so as I could use it for Ir Proximity sensing or distance (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  L.E.D. question.

What are the L.E.D. voltage ratings for the L.E.D's on the interface board I purchased one(at Radio shack) with a rating of five volts. Which should be O.K right? any help would be appreciated. I have to improvise to get such components cheap. Thanx (...) (26 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: L.E.D. question.

Typical drop across an LED is about 1.45v. A unit rated at 5v likely has a build in voltage drop/current limiter (read resistor). I would suggest reading the info sheet for absolute ratings. In general, 'any' generic LED will work. Buy the cheapest (...) (26 years ago, 23-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)