 Robotics / Handy Board / 5332
5331  |  5333
Subject:
Problems with servo function
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 03:52:00 GMT

Hi all,
I'm new to the list, handyboards, IC, and robotics, but I'm not totally clueless
so bear with me...

So I got an HB from Pat Hui, and it seems to work fine. I've been able to write
a program that will vary a beep tone and print variable values for light
intensity and tone value (my first program!). It uses for now, eight duracels in
the supplied battery case.

My problem seems to be the servo function. I've wired a Futaba 148 as per
instructions and loaded servo.icb and servo.c. there are no other programs
loaded. I am running IC ver 3.2, though the screen still prints ver 3.1(?). I
have initialized the servo function by typing "servo_on()" at the IC prompt. I
can't seem to get any activity through the servo using  interactive commands
such as "servo(1550)" or "servo_deg(45.0)", agin, at the IC prompt. When I run
these commands, I do get a value returned occasionally from the board though
with no servo activity. More likely I get an error message - "Board not
responding to 119 (w) command".

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to implement the commands through an
actual c program? Wrong batteries? Somebody please help the lowly newbie!

Thanks alot.

If you do send a response to the board, please cc my direct mail address, I
might not be able to find the post on the list. Thanks again.

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html;
    charset="iso-8859-1"