 Robotics / Handy Board / 5329
Re: ROVER
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:39:56 GMT

Dear Mr Fred Martin,
Thank you for your reply.
We have used all HC chips in the handyboard.
Yours sincerely,
    Nitin

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Fred G. Martin wrote:

are you using 74HC04, and not plain 7404?  you must use all HC type
chips in the Handy Board.

fred

In your message you said:
Dear Mr Fred Martin,
I hope you remember that we in India were making a rover ,which in
the end ran into some problems.We had to present the inoperational rover
only for the exhibition. Now,after the exhibition we are trying to make
the rover work.
We have noticed two things-7404 is not being accepted by the handy
board,this is inspite of the fact that 7404 tests fine with the digital IC
tester.
The 74138 pins must be pulsing according to the handy board
assembly manual, but when we checked it wasn't.
Can anybody make sense of what is going on? Please reply soon.
Yours sincerely,
    Nitin