 Robotics / Handy Board / 5269
Re: Native 68hc11 C compilers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:19:43 GMT

Graeme Blackley wrote:

Is anyone using a compiler other than Interactive C? I like IC but want to get a bit closer to the metal. Being able to use a source level debugger would also be good.

I've tried the Introl C compiler demo, and the it looks really good, but it seems to make assumptions about the location of the interrupt vectors (such as reset).

Has anyone written libraries for the HB for use with any other compiler?

I have had excellent results with the Introl C compiler demo.  In fact,
the demo has more than enough capability to do some very interesting
things.  Just for the fun of it, I wrote a multitasking operating system
and some basic libraries for the handyboard using the Introl *DEMO*
compiler.  You just have to work within the limitations of the
compiler.  If anybody is interested, I could post some additional
information.

-Tim Myrtle
tfm@ix.netcom.com