 Robotics / Handy Board / 5257
Re: Downloading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:59:24 GMT

OK, attempting to answer this one now.

it is sounding to me like  you have a problem with the serial on your
6500, not a problem with the handy board.

try this.  download Zterm (a terminal emulator) from:

  http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/comm/term/zterm-101.hqx

connect to the printer port (get the option by holding down the shift
key while it boots up).  then set your connection speed for 300 baud.
now, type junk on the keyboard.  does the HB's serial interface green
light flash?  if yes, then data is getting through.  if not, then
something's set up wrong on your mac, either HW or SW.

report progress and we'll take it from there.

fred

In your message you said:
Fred-
  I'm the one with the HB that always worked with System 7 Mac 11si-now
decommisioned.  On my OS 8.1  Mac 6500 with Appletalk turned off, useing
printer port-I used to be able to use IC253  cosole if the P-code was already
Downloaded elsewhere.

  This past Sunday I used a friend's Mac 475-it downloaded P code and worked.
As I mentioned in a previous post-I have replaced the hex inverter chip and
the2 of the memory chips-not the one under the ram.

I brought this HB home-it will not redownload useing either MAC dowloader
including the new MCL one.  Now with 2.53-it will open 2.53 console but will
not download any of the the libraries.  They are not there, when I ist them.
It will do simple math functions  2*2;  etc.

What gives????!!!!!!  I know about cables-useing RESEDIT to change resources
so the .22 libraries etc.  I have the Commercial IC and it will not load that
no how no way.     Cappy Anderson, York ME