 Robotics / Handy Board / 5258
Re: Speech Synthesis?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:02:46 GMT

Hi,

I've been thinking to use a speech synthetizer for my robot as well,
(mainly to warn humans to stay away from my toy), and a good solution that I found for the problem is:

http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rcsys/v860x.htm

And here is a decent eval of it:

http://maverick.stanford.edu/~ssdl/projects/squirt1/subsystem/payload/voice/voice.html

Enjoy,

Andre Philippi.

Steve Wall wrote:

Is there anyway to use the I/O of the handy board to control a speech
sythesis chip.  I want to build a speech add-on to give general
feedback like "hello", "obstacle detected" and other such things has
any body tried and succeded?
Steve Wall
Sir Sandford Fleming college
Swall@flemingc.on.ca

Andre Philippi - Applications Developer   | Phone: 626-296-5016
philippi@corp.earthlink.net               | Fax:   626-296-5113
Earthlink Network, Inc.                   | 3100 New York Drive
http://www.earthlink.net                  | Pasadena, CA  91107