 Robotics / Handy Board / 5254
Re: navigation alorithm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:23:38 GMT

Michael,

A few sophomore engineering students here at Penn State Abington have built
a micromouse from LEGO and a Handy Board.  It has been entered into 2
micromouse contests sponsored by the Phila Chapter of the IEEE.

It was quite challenging both in regards to h/w and s/w -- but it works!

If you want to see pictures, a description of the algorithm and software,
visit my robot page and follow link to student projects, then "Javert"
robot to micromouse.  The sophomores who developed the page built a
fire-fighting robot (Trinity College) and also programmed the micromouse
robot.  It will all make sense once you get there.

http://www.ecsel.psu.edu/~avanzato/robots/

-Bob