 Robotics / Handy Board / 5247
  Speech Synthesis?

Is there anyway to use the I/O of the handy board to control a speech sythesis chip. I want to build a speech add-on to give general feedback like "hello", "obstacle detected" and other such things has any body tried and succeded? ___...___ Steve (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Speech Synthesis?

Yes, I hooked an SPO256 + CTS244 text to speech chip to a software UART. However, I don't reccomend this solution. If there are a small number of things you need the board to say, buy one of the ISD digital recorder chips (JameCo, JDR sell them as (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Speech Synthesis?

A few years ago, "back in the day..." (that is, high school), I did a project that involved creating various vowel sounds as output for some bumper sensors -- different resistances gave different vowels, that kind of thing. The parts came from a (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)