 Robotics / Handy Board / 5248
Re: Speech Synthesis?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:14:34 GMT

Yes, I hooked an SPO256 + CTS244 text to speech chip to a software UART.
However, I don't reccomend this solution. If there are a small number of
things you need the board to say, buy one of the ISD digital recorder chips
(JameCo, JDR sell them as do others) and record your phrases, then select
them with a couple of output pins.

--Chuck