 Robotics / Handy Board / 5182
5181  |  5183
Subject:
A fast light sensor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:29:06 GMT

Ummm, Hi all

     I'm looking for a circuit that will interface a photo transistor or a
photo diode to a digital input. I tried a photocell in an analog port but
it's too slow, I want to use a *visible* light pulse as an accurate
trigger: ie. input triggered when light goes on. I think a transistor or a
diode will be fast enough, but I have no idea how to hook up such a device.
Thresholding won't be a problem as the sensor will be in total darkness
until hit by very bright light. I'm sure this is pretty simple...?

Thanks, Duncan