 Robotics / Handy Board / 5173
5172  |  5174
Subject:
Douglas Electronics Expansion Board.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:43:28 GMT

I ordered the kit the first day I could.  I got it last Friday, and
put it together over the weekend.  The douglas board comes with NO
assembly instrictions! These are some notes that ought to make things
easier for others:

RP1 & RP2: The both have a dot indicating an origin, the RP1 (1KX4 8
           pin sipp) doesn't matter about the origin.  The RP2 (10X5 6
           pin sipp) the origin must be connected to 5V, so looking at
           the drawing on:
           (<http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu:80/groups/el/projects/handy-board/hbexp30/>)
   the dot should be on the right side.

The male connectors for mating to the HB: Plug them into the HB, and
           tack solder them. Only taks solder them (1 or 2 pins per
           header), the HB doens't need anymore heat. The pins need to
           line up, and if they are lined up before soldering they
           will be more lined up after soldering.  The pins are longer
           than the sockets, so they won't go all the way in.  This is
           ok (and good).

J7 & J11: don't come with the kit. J11 probably will come with the
           polaroid kit.

Good luck,