 Robotics / Handy Board / 5168
Re: cant control motor speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 14:26:06 GMT

Hi Jeremy,

Question:    Do you use 30V  for your Motor ? (external)

IF NO:

I´m testing several Motors from copier-machines (12V-24V) with my HB. Some
motors didn´t work properly with PWM.

For example    Motor 24V    I´m using ist with for 12V Motor (0,100) the
Motor works fine (100=Full speed = 12V)
                        IF i decrease the speed with PWM (Motor(0,0..100)
the motor didn´t have enough torque !!!!

The main problem is, i found out during my tests, a lot of motors with more
then 12V don´t work properly with PWM,
if you are using lower voltage

Tschau

Bernd

Jeremy Foo schrieb:

dear fred and readers

my motors is 30V.
i am using the external batteries as instructed on the website. but i
cant control the motor speed using the command: motor(0,...)  i then
remove the external batts and supply power to the other power pts(top
left hand corner of the board).
i noticed as i increase the voltage supply, my motor then turns faster.
however is there a way to controlthe motor spd by program instead of
inceasing the voltage supply. and which motor ports should i use, the
external ports or the pts on the top left hand corner?

plese reply to me soon
thank u.