 Robotics / Handy Board / 5167
5166  |  5168
Subject:
IC PROBLEM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:05:17 GMT

Dear Mr Fred Martin/Friends,
I had written to the handy board mailing list about a rover that we
are making at VESIT-Bombay-India.We were encountering some problems in
starting IC,it was saying 'Synchronizing with board' and hanging. I had
received some replies from the handy board mailing list members telling
that there might be problem with the memory chip.We replaced the chip and
found that IC starts.I thank you for your advice.
We find that there are still some problems with IC.When we start
IC, it says that _raw_analog function is present in both lib_hb.c as well
as .icb, however it gives the C prompt after showing the error.When we
try to download a IC file it informs us about the double _raw_analog
function and unloads the file.We have found that there is  a different
C file which does not contain _raw_analog function (1998 version).When we
used that C file, it again started giving 'Synchronising with board/board
not responding' message.Sometimes it suddenly tells it is downloading some
bytes and the next message is that board is not responding.
Whenever we type help or 'list *' commands on the C prompt,they
get executed without error.
Can somebody tell me,where the latest version of pcode_hb.s19,
lib_hb.* ,ic.exe,dl.exe,hbdl.exe,etc are available?We think the error might
be due to use of incompatible versions of software files.
Also what do you think the error in the handy board might be?
Is it a software error or is it a hardware error?

Please reply as soon as possible.
Yours Sincerely,
    Nitin