 Robotics / Handy Board / 4849
4848  |  4850
Subject:
HandyBoard and iMac?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 00:42:07 GMT

I'm replacing my aging home PC with an iMac (look at my email address: I can get one dirt cheap!) and I'm wondering if I can use it to pilot my trusty HandyBoard. Anybody have any experience in this area? I'd like to throw away the PC...

The iMac has no serial port, only USB connectivity but there is third party USB to Serial connectors available (http://www.keyspan.com/products/USB/adapterhttp://www.momentuminc.net/products/uConnect.html or http://www.griffintechnology.com/imac/iport.html). I just like to know if anybody ever tried one of those thing. Or if there is any plan to upgrade the handyBoad to USB ;^)

-- Eric