 Robotics / Handy Board / 4786
Re: Arithmatic operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:40:38 GMT

Justin Daniel Gullotta wrote:

if you are not trying to divide numbers of great precision(many significant
figures), then you can try multiplying by some order of 10, performing your
division, then dividing by that same order of 10.  i have used this before, but
not for the same reason that you would be.  i was having a serious truncation
problem while incorporating PID code.  it worked for me...  but i think that
your case, fraction truncation can be unpredictable.  in any case, getting rid
of the fractions would be a solution.  good luck.

Yes, you are right.  But I think this should be address by the software
programmer.

joema