 Robotics / Handy Board / 4783
Re: Arithmatic operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:36:31 GMT

Javaid Iqbal wrote:

Hi all,
I am dividing 4.1 by 4.1 in following manner and getting answer 2.
instead of 1.
Dividing 4.2 by 4.2 give 1 result, dividing 4.6 by 4.6 again give 2.
Except 4.1 and 4.6 rest all numbers give 1 result. I am using IC 3.2. Any
help in this regards would be appreciated.

I've asked for help with the floating point bugs in IC before, and nobody
seems to care.  Unfortunately, I've come to not use IC floating point
variables at all, since I can't trust them.  It's all very frustrating since
none of the IC versions support long int division either; which also
seriously cripples the use of IC for precision fixed point calculations.

Later,

    Rick