 Robotics / Handy Board / 4688
4687  |  4689
Subject:
IR output connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:32:49 GMT

Hi All:

With a lot of help from you all , I am finally able to send out
a modulated signal from one HB which the other can recognize. :)
Now I am trying out obstacle avoidance using the IR. I tried to use
the standard ir_detect() function with the library. But I could not
get the LED to transmit anything. My guess is that my connections for
the left and right ir output LED's are not correct ( I connected them to
J6). And I could not understand where is the PE4 and do I have to connect
a detector to it or the Sharp chip is enough ( J7 )

So could someone explain the J6 connections to me properly? I mean, how to make
it into outputs?

Another question , has anyone done range detection using IR? I mean, the
distance to the obstacle, depending on the intensity if the beam?

Thanks again.

Rajbala