 Robotics / Handy Board / 4531
RE: waterproof seals (a bit OT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 10:39:23 GMT

Mathew,
       I dont know if they would handle 103 psi but the drive shafts used in
RC boats are sealed where they go through the bottom of the boat. If you put
your motor in a sealed enclosure with the shaft coming into the enclosure
you may be able to do something like that.

Joe Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Essar [mailto:messar@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 17 October 1998 0:20
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: waterproof seals (a bit OT)

I'm interested in building an underwater ROV and am wondering if anyone
has any insight on buiding waterproof seals for the motors.(I'd like to
eventually be able to go down 200 ft or so).

I realize this is a bit off topic but hope that someone may have some
experience in the area. I will be using a handyboard communicating via
SPI to a PC for the on board control and sensing.

Thanks,

Matthew Essar