 Robotics / Handy Board / 4414
Re: HB controlling robot.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 01:45:23 GMT

I had the same trouble, all you have to do is specify a main() function
in your ".c" file example:

void main()
{
fd(1);
msleep(100L);
off(1);
}

this function will run once the handy board is turnned on.

Dear all,

I just obtained a HB and I would like it to control my robot.

This is the situation:
The robot is currently functioning ok and it is controlled by a 16-bit
microcontroller, all the motions can be controlled simply by giving it • a
command which looks like "GS"(Get sensor), "FD110"(Forward with speed 1 • and
distance 10 inches).

However, it has to be connected to the PC all the time and I would like • to have
it function independently when no commands are given in a period of • time.

As I know, a program can be downloaded to the HB and it can then run • without
any PC connection.

Can anybody give me some insights on how this can be done?

Thanks!

Keith