 Robotics / Handy Board / 4303
4302  |  4304
Subject:
PID implementation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:11:00 GMT

Problem:

I have built a small robot with differential drive using 3+ACI- diam whee
ls turning at 66 RPM +AEA- full power PWM no load.

Each wheel has a 16 pulses per rev. reflective type shaft encoder.
the robot is controlled by the Handy Board running IC 3.2.

I'm fairly new to the robotics field and looking for some info or Tips on
how to accomplish some sort of PID control for this robot.

I toyed around with different timing ideas to move the robot 1 rev but  I
soon found out it's very unreliable type of control due to the fact that
each surface has a different drag coefficient and  battery voltage also
makes a big difference.

Another problem I'm facing is that with the L293D IC's have no brake
capabilities , so once the power to the motor is removed the momentum of
the robot  moves the robot past it's target.

Precision is limited to 22,5 deg due to the shaft encoder resolution but
it's good enough for the moment.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this problem.

Laszlo Roska

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html;