 Robotics / Handy Board / 43
42  |  44
Subject:
battery voltages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 1996 05:03:48 GMT

I'm currently trying to get 6V out of my 9.6V battery pack.  (I
actually looked around for a 6V one, but couldn't find one that would
work...)  I've opened up the pack, and can access the cell where I can get
6V.  However, I'm not sure how to get a wire connected to it, without
damaging the pack!  (I'd like to still be able to use it as 9.6V, if I need
to.)  6V is located at a junction between two cells, and there aren't any
clips or anything to solder on to.  Can I solder directly to the metal case
of the battery after the one which yields 6V?  Or do I risk damaging the
cell?  (Or myself...)

Another solution would be to go with either 4.8 or 7.2V, would
either be suitable for use with 3V motors on the L293D outputs?  4.8 seems
like it would be too low for the board to function, while 7.2 is higher than
I'd like...  Though either voltages have solder tabs on them, which would
make things easier.