 Robotics / Handy Board / 42
41  |  43
Subject:
Quad encoders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 1996 03:26:00 GMT

Thx to the advice of many of you I am using encoders from mice as shaft
encoders.
The code in the libraries does not seem to take into account encoders with
TTL signal in quadrature. Therefore I do not get direction from the current
software.
Maybe the lego board or the mini board had extra HW to generate 2 different
pulse from the directions?
Or does anyone has code to read quad encoders?
It seems that one could use one of the signal as an int generator and the
other would be read each interupt to know the direction.

I'll appreciate any help.
thx.