 Robotics / Handy Board / 4205
4204  |  4206
Subject:
IC Floating Point Bug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:59:45 GMT

I've been making use of floating point for the first time on the HB and
am having problems.  The following program demonstrates the kinds of
bugs I've been encountering:

----(cut here)-----------------------------------
int
main()
{
    float a;
    float b;
    float c;

    /*
    This program prints out the proper values for
    "a" and "b", but prints "c" to be ".1250034"
    rather than something closer to "0.25" as expected.
    */

    a = 1.570796;
    b = 6.2831;
    c = a/b;

    printf("%f %f %f\n", a, b, c);
}

I would appreciate hearing if others can duplicate this bug.  I'm using
the standard "free" IC off of the "ic2853r2.zip" file.

Thanks for your help,

    Rick