 Robotics / Handy Board / 4043
RE: serial port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:30:02 GMT

I use the handyboard in the same way, and i need to say you, if you use dos
can get more avaibility for the serial port, what under a seudo multitasking
enviroment like windows 95. Otherwise, i use windows 95 because i need the
GUI interface to sell my product to my customers!!!
Hard election , really?
If you want better response , also can changes the crystal in the handyboard
for other fecuency (i don't remember if 7.xxxx or 9.xxxxx, ask Fred) and get
19.200 or better serial port bauds per second.
Hope that help.

Germán Gentile
Genesys - Ingeniería en Sistemas
Sarmiento 4442 3º 17. 1197.
Capital Federal. Argentina

-----Original Message-----
From: Ilya [mailto:ilya@flight.uchicago.edu]
Sent: Jueves 25 de Junio de 1998 01:57
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: serial port

I am trying to transfer large amount of data to a computer from the Handy
Board as it collects that data from the sensors connected to it. I have a
choice of either a windows or a unix machine. I was wondering if anyone
has used the Handy Board for that and if so what is the optimal way to
run the transfer. My goal is to save that data in a file for later use.

Thanx in advance

Ilya