 Robotics / Handy Board / 4042
4041  |  4043
Subject:
pyroelectric_sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:26:47 GMT

Hello,
despite the fact of not using a handyboard, I do like to make small robot-like
projects. Instead of a Handyboard I use other microcontrollers, but that makes
no difference for my question. I am curious about the use of pyroelectricsensors,
how do the current systems work, what are the possibillities and what is
the range of detecting an heatsource of let's say a candle.

My questions is simple, who has schematics for pyroelectric sensors or who
knows how to connect them. The type of sensor is not important as long as
the final output can give me an analog signal, which is proportinal to the
heatsource detected (or distance, if the source is always the same).
Please do not hassitate to reply because even the smallest suggestion could
give me a lead or clue to solve the problem. Do not be afraid that your
sollution is to complex, and that i do not understand, because I 'm an
Electronic engineer and always prepared to invest time to crack the case.

Thanks for your reply, J. Derogee