 Robotics / Handy Board / 3848
3847  |  3849
Subject:
Handyboard questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 19:23:57 GMT

Has anyone used the eltec 442-3 pyrometer with the Handyboard?? I am in the
process of using legos to build a robot, and have a completed 442-3
pyrometer with the lens and all that I got in.  I am looking for the best
way to wire this sensor, and I have also read that the same type of
programming in IC can be used for the photo resistors as the pyrometer....
The main application I have for the pyrometer is to locate or detect a lit
candle..

In addition I am also wondering what the best way would be to wire up two
IR emitters for left and right detection on the handyboard, however I know
that there is a socket already for an IR led, but wonder if I could hookup
two IR emitters.....

The other thing that I am wondering about is this, the photo resistors work
fine for detecting light/dark areas, (I have a pair of rug warrior pro
robots that do this now),  but they dont seem to be able to effectively
detect a lit candle, unless the area the robot is in is dark in general.
This is why I am hoping that the eltes 442-3 sensor would be a better
choice to detect a lit candle...

Any links/information GREATLY appreciated.