 Robotics / Handy Board / 3714
Re: Help!! Polaroid problem!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 00:54:14 GMT

Note that sonar in air is susceptible to the same environmental
issues as sonar anywhere. In particular it is susceptible to
changes in temperature and changes in air pressure. Both of which
create a boundary layer that reflects some of the energy. For a
really cool experiment blow cold air in front (across) the sonar
transducer. You should get an echo back from the 'cold front'
you've produced.

--Chuck