 Robotics / Handy Board / 3715
3714  |  3716
Subject:
IR Transmit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 05:16:10 GMT

I am trying to get two handyboards to exchange data via the IR. I have
tried code from the Dave Negro and Pete McCann code, but I still
cannot get reliable data transmission at any range.

Summary of situation:

REC80-IR.icb: Reliable reception of remote control codes.(sanyo and
sharp VCRs)
sony-ir.icb : Mostly reliable reception of sharp RC codes.

REC80-TX.icb: sends something, but quite unrecognisable as the
original word of data.
sony-transmit.icb: I cannot get anything across.

r22-ir.* is not loaded at any time.

My IR TX led is 940nm (not centred on 950nm like the receiver).

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

michael.