 Robotics / Handy Board / 3702
Re: Help!! Polaroid problem!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:11:44 GMT

Hey, I just wanted to thank everybody for there help with this, it did
turn out to be the pull up resistor problem, I feel like a moron.  We
used the handyboardy sonar interfacing schematic when we wired it up and
failed to realize that we aren't ACTUALLY USING A HANDYBOARD!  This means,
of course, that we need to provide our own pull up resistors for the
input, and when that was added, everything worked perfectly (Doh!)  So
anyways it works on the the scope and in our project for our preliminary
ECE demonstration yesterday, thanks to you guys.  I am still having a bit
of a problem, though, it seems I am getting false echos, or latent echos
every now a and then, like I will pull my hand away from the sensor and it
will not notice for a second that its new target is the ceiling.  I looked
at the echo pulse on the scope and it seems a bit dirty, where should I
throw a capacitor (and what rating) to eliminate this.  I've heard a lot
about caps for these things, but I am not sure where it should be placed.
We are not using te BINH line, so I don't need a cap there as far as I
know.  Suggestions would be much appreciated, although its not an
emergency this time!  Thanks again everybody.  Take it easy,

Chris Moylan