 Robotics / Handy Board / 3674
  Help!! Polaroid problem!!!

I am trying to use one of the Polaroid 6500 kits from Wirz with my senior design project. It doesn't exactly use a handyboard, but our microcontroller is virtually identical at the lowest level. The problem is when we attach the device to the scope, (...) (26 years ago, 21-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help!! Polaroid problem!!!

(...) residual noise? It was my understanding that the Polaroid module used pulse time differentials to relay distance information. One need only look at the difference in time, between the leading edge of the init pulse, and the leading edge of the (...) (26 years ago, 23-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help!! Polaroid problem!!!

Hey, I just wanted to thank everybody for there help with this, it did turn out to be the pull up resistor problem, I feel like a moron. We used the handyboardy sonar interfacing schematic when we wired it up and failed to realize that we aren't (...) (26 years ago, 23-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help!! Polaroid problem!!!

Note that sonar in air is susceptible to the same environmental issues as sonar anywhere. In particular it is susceptible to changes in temperature and changes in air pressure. Both of which create a boundary layer that reflects some of the energy. (...) (26 years ago, 28-Apr-98, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)