 Robotics / Handy Board / 3639
Re: Servo Routines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 16:41:12 GMT

      Hi all, Futaba servo's chatter when the pulses are not updated
quickly enough. At best, this produces a slight buzz, at worst they
'hunt and seek' their position a tiny bit. I don't know how fast the
HB routines update the pulse, but standard Futaba receivers send the
pulses about 60/sec. You can get decent performance from the servo at
20/sec. I haven't used servos with the HB, but I have used them
extensively with PIC's. Perhaps this is causing the problem?

                      Duncan