 Robotics / Handy Board / 3595
Re: LMD18200
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 01:25:57 GMT

With the non-bridged board, each socket will control 2 boards.

So for board 1, you'll connect to pins 1 and 2 in the socket, and for board 2
connect to pins 9 and 10.  The other pins you can do as you please (for the
brake, current sense, and thermal sense)

-=Scott

To:             Scott Simon <sms7@arl.wustl.edu>
From:           "Michael S. Reiling" <macman@inreach.com>
Subject:        Re: LMD18200

I think I am a little confused by the wording of this.  I am using the
non-bridged board, so 1 socket on the HB controls how many boards?

Thanks for all your help.  Really appreciate it!

Mike

YES.  Take the drivers off the handyboard, because now
the wirz boards will  connect to those sockets.  If you
have the bridged 18200 board, then each  socket can
control 2 boards.  If you have the non-bridged version
(ie, the wirz  board will control 2 motors
independently) then each socket connects to two  boards.