 Robotics / Handy Board / 3503
3502  |  3504
Subject:
68HC11 register locations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:16:57 GMT

I'm writing an assembly routine under IC on the Handy Board, but I'm
getting a little confused about the memory locations of the 68HC11
registers.  The Motorola manual shows that the registers associated with
the input and output timers are in the $1000 range.  For instance,
TCTL1=$1020, TMSK1=$1022, TFLG1=$1023.  These definitions are also made
in the 6811regs.asm file supplied with IC, so everything seems
consistent.  If I look at the IC pcode source, however, I see that an
extra $1000 is added to these addresses.  This is done by loading $1000
into the X register (either directly or by using the #BASE symbol, which
is defined to be $1000), and then making all the address references
relative to the X register.  For instance,

LDX #BASE
LDA TMSK1,X
etc.

Which is the correct set of address locations?  When assembling the
version with the $1000 added I get a "Warning --- Value Truncated" for
each line uses the relative addressing.  Anyone have any ideas?  Why
does IC add an extra $1000?

  Thanks,

   - Mike