 Robotics / Handy Board / 3359
3358  |  3360
Subject:
Optical Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:04:52 GMT

Hi All,
I am making a Sumo Wrestling Robot at university.  the robot is totally
autonomous, and I was wondering if sonic transducers were the best for
"seeing" another moving robot.  Range is not necessary but desireable in
the sensor.  Previous robots of this kind have used the sonic
transducers and I was wondering if there was anything better?  I have
checked on the net but its very hard to find any information unless you
know where to look.
Thanks.
Joshua Wherrett