 Robotics / Handy Board / 3079
Re: Recycled Sonar units
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:58:40 GMT

fyi

The bad news:

I did the same thing only to realize that the sonar unit in the Spectra
uses a custom  IC to control the transducer.  The receive or analog IC
is the same as the commercial ones.
I did find out the pin outs to the connector but unfortunately I don't
have my notes with me they are at work.  I did some experimentation with
the unit, but due to the custom Logic IC only one ping can be initiated
at one time then the whole board must be power cycled to reset.  Other
than the above problem the unit works!

The good news:

I solved the above problem by replacing the custom IC with a Texas
Instrument TL851 IC and now I have a sonar board that is much cheaper
than buying one for $50.
As for the pin outs I'll get my notes and post it ASAP.
For more info download the Polaroid 6500 spec sheet @
http://wirz.com/cindex.html

Randy Eaton wrote:

Hello All,

   I have salvaged two modules from Polaroid
cameras. My question is ... the pin outs on the
control board for the "Spectra" has 17 straight in
a line pin ins and the other module and board from
a Auto focus 660 has 8 straight in a line pin ins.
does any one know what the sockets are because
there are not 9 pin ins and they are not offset
like the instructions from the "handy board site"

Thanks,
Randy Eaton
defreese@gate.net

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii