 Robotics / Handy Board / 3019
3018  |  3020
Subject:
Replacement for ZTX614 NPN Darlington Transistor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:50:50 GMT

I am writing to see if anybody knows of a suitable replacement for the
ZTX614 transistor driving the IR transmittion circuit. I can't find any
easily available in the UK and was wondering if there are any other NPN
Darlington transistors that can replace it.
Also, I was looking at the IR transmittion circuit and am wondering if
the 3-pin header is to connect to the IR led, if so does the LED attach
directly to the header (in the same orientation as the red LED) or is
there some extra circuitry (i.e. resistors, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Hatton
johnha@icsplc.co.uk