 Robotics / Handy Board / 2984
2983  |  2985
Subject:
293s, Cable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:40:31 GMT

We're trying to build a handyboard, and we attempted to dl the .s19, but
it doesn't work.  It gives the connecting at 1200 baud.... message but
nothing happens after this.  Two issues that I believe may be causing this
are:

1) we don't have the 293 motor drivers on the board, since we have no use
for them; are then mandatory for proper functionality?

2) we're using a straight cable for download; I read in some documentation
that a crossover cable may be nec. for some applications, but it didn't
specify the handyboard.

Would either of these issues affect the HB in this manner?  Thanks!

---
David J. Groom via Pine
dgroom@umich.edu
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dgroom