 Robotics / Handy Board / 2982
Re: Ooops.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:04:22 GMT

It's unlikely you killed the MCU, there are 1k resistors in series
with the RxD and TxD lines.

Go to the assembly manual, and run through the series of tests that
verify proper operation of the Interface/Charger Board.

http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/hbassem/intface.html

Fred

In your message you said:
Help!

I accidently plugged a network rj11 cable between my HB and the serial
interface board.  It seems that I released the smoke genie from R 11.  I
have replaced the resistor and the MAX 232 but I'm not getting the board
to sync.  Is there anything other than the parts that I replaced that
could be damaged?  Like the mcu?  This would be a bummer.

Any help or sugestion would be greatly appreciated.

Mike