 Robotics / Handy Board / 2951
Re: Burning hot motor driver chips.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 00:18:57 GMT

Hello,

RC car motors pull a lot of current, from 2A to 8A. The L293D
chip goes up to 1A peak (for some miliseconds) before it shuts
down.
I suggest bypassing the L293D chips and using something like
the LMD18200. <http://www.national.com>

Good luck,

Marco A.A. de Oliveira assfalk@eece.unm.edu
Autonom. Robotics (SMART) Project UNM/NASA ACE Center