 Robotics / Handy Board / 2872
Re: Board synch problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 20:18:03 GMT

two things you can try:

1.  use DLM to download the CONFIG0C.S19 file.  Make sure to use the
-eeprom flag.  This will cause it to burn the config register to the
proper value.

2.  Have you tried Randy Sargent's DL.EXE for DOS / Win 3.1 full
screen DOS mode.  This is part of the freeware interactive C zip
archive.

let us know,
fred

In your message you said:

I've noticed the only limited success I've had downloading pcode_hb.s19 is

-  with older slower systems that have _no_ modem cards installed using dlm
-  with win95 or win311 systems using hbdl with no modem cards as well.

The hbdl downloads them monitor, then the actual code, but complains that
config=0F every time  (and fails)..

If I set the config register in hbdl's dialog box to 0F, then it succeeds
in downloading without complaint, but ( of course ) won't run.

I am anxious to impliment these wonderful boards in a course I am
developing for January, but am "thwarted".  Can someone perform a
"thwart-removal"?

Craig
www.starcard.com/~cybug
www.nucleus.com/wcrg