 Robotics / Handy Board / 2847
Re: Downloading Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 02:44:53 GMT

1. don't worry about the slightly out of spec voltages, +/- 5% is just
not a problem.

2.  you have already demonstrated that your board HW is OK by
communicating from a Windows system.  therefore

3.  it is probably a cabling problem from your mac.  you say "I know
that all of the cables are fine."  What is this statement based upon?
Clearly you cannot be using the same cables from the Windows machine.

I would guess that you have a printer cable rather than a modem cable
going between the Mac and the HB interface box.  These look identical
but have different internal wirings.

Fred

In your message you said:
Hello all,
I am in the process of building my Handyboard.  I have installed the CPU
and some of the voltages seem suspect.  For example the E-clock signal
seems to be about 2.3 volts and the main system power measured at the +5
Volts terminal for the LCD connector reads 5.13 volts.  However, the main
prblem is that I can not get my computer to communicate with the
Handyboard.  I tested the board on a Windows machine with no problems,
however, I have a Macintosh and am using 6811 dowloade.  I know that all
the cables are fine.  I always get an error that says "Did not recieve
echo byte (0) from board.  Check board connections and power."  I have
installed the memory and LCD now and still get the same error although it
seems to work fine under Windows.  One last thing.  The voltage supplying
the 32 K ram reads 5.2 volts.  If anyone has any ideas why my mac won't
communicate with the handyboard it would be greatly appreciated.  I am
right out of ideas.

Rob Gaunt