 Robotics / Handy Board / 2848
2847  |  2849
Subject:
Downloading Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 02:56:28 GMT

I know that the cable works because a person I know has used the modem
cable succesfully with their handyboard.  Also, I have done a continuity
check on the wires in the cable and comparred them to what Apple says is
a modem cable, and it is definately a modem cable.  However, one thing I
forgot to mention is that whenever I turn the board on (not in bootstrap
mode), the charge light flickers continuously.  If the DC adaptor is
plugged into the main board the light on the board flickers.  If the DC
adaptor is plugged into the I/C board, that light flickers.  I am just
wondering if thieir is a power problem on the board.  Is their any chance
that I am having a problem with the downloader?  Also, are their any more
tests that I could do to checkthe reason why their is never an echo byte
from the board.  Sometimes, 8 bytes will download and the error message
says that it did not recieve echo byte (183)?

Rob Gaunt