 Robotics / Handy Board / 2796
2795  |  2797
Subject:
Control Program Size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:50:24 GMT

Hello,

I'm most likely going to use the Handy Board for a robotics
project I'm working on, but I have one concern. I don't know if 32K is
enough memory for my control program. We are building several small robots
to simulate under-water mine detection for the Navy, so they cannot be
attached to a PC while they are running. The program I write will take in
some sensor data (IR sensors and perhaps a sound receiver) and control the
motors according to a small simulated neural network. How big are the
programs that you all have used to control your robots? I realize that the
answers will vary, but if I get a couple responses, I can gauge the
average size of a program. Also, please let me know what the programs do
(feel free to send the code if you want, but I don't want to seem nosy).
I appreciate any and all responses. Thanks.

Jim Congdon
Duke Engineering '98