 Robotics / Handy Board / 2778
2777  |  2779
Subject:
68hc11 & z80
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 02:03:49 GMT

hi!

        This is probably beyond the scope of this group. Please forgive me
for it. I merely would like to know a couple of things on this subject: if
you know of a better place for me to get some info, I'll go there. Thanks again!

        My question is this: for a High School Project, I'd like to make a
project out of a microporsessor & stuff from scratch. I'm wondering: what
system is better: a 68hc11 based system, or a z80 system?(the only reason i
bring up z80 is i saw that their chips are cheap ( <2$), and they have a
disk drive controller, which means i could connect a disk drive).
        Specifically, i'd like to know as far as useability, programming and
interfacing objects.
        If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm alll ears!

        Again, Thank you very much!
        Phil
        thehahns@nconnect.net
"Ours is the world of the elecrton and the switch...... I am a hacker and
this is my manifesto: You may stop this individual, but you cannot stop us
all. After all, we are all alike"  -Mentor