 Robotics / Handy Board / 2725
2724  |  2726
Subject:
How to order IC 3.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 00:33:02 GMT

        I have been trying for most of this week to access the online
ordering form at Digital Micro Systems (the link from the Newton Labs
page) to order a copy of IC 3.1.  The first couple times I tried, I
actually got to the form, but it barfed when I tried to submit it.
Lately I can't even get to DMS at all.

Firstly, we wish to apologize to the Handyboard community for difficulties
purchasing Interactive C 3.1 through Digital Micro Systems.  We've tried to
contact DMS, but no luck so far after the move.

We are attempting to make a deal with them to take over their database of
orders, and finish any unfinished orders.

In the meantime, please contact "ic@newtonlabs.com" if you have an order
for Interactive C 3.1 from DMS which is not finished.  We can send you
temporary keys good for one month, which we certainly hope will be enough
time for us to reach DMS and take over their unfinished orders.

We're in the process of setting up an automatic order system on our web
page;  in the meantime, here's how to order IC directly from Newton Labs.

-------------

How to order Interactive C 3.1.

(For more information about Interactive C, please see the IC web page at
http://www.newtonlabs.com/ic/ ).

Interactive C is can be purchased in two different forms:

* Interactive C 3.1 for commercial/professional use, for download
with electronic manual. (Suggested retail price $70 per user)

* Interactive C 3.1, discounted for personal/educational use, for
download with electronic manual. (Suggested retail price $35 per user)

Note that IC discounted for personal and educational use is functionally
identical to IC for commercial and professional use. Please choose based on
your use of the software.

Interactive C can be purchased in three different ways:

* From Newton Research Labs using check or money order in U.S. funds. Fill
out an order form, and mail it to us with a check.  You can also e-mail a
copy to us, and we'll send you three-week temporary key with which you can
get started using IC before we receive your payment.  When we receive your
payment, we will both e-mail and snail-mail your permanent key and your
receipt.

* From Newton Research Labs using purchase order. Because of the amount
of paperwork and labor required to process purchase orders, Newton Research
Labs does not generally accept domestic purchase orders for orders
totalling less than US$100, or foreign purchase orders for orders totalling
less than US$250. If the purchase is less than this amount, we would
greatly prefer if you would get your institution to cut a check, or to send
us a check yourself and be reimbursed. If neither is possible in your
situation, we charge a US$25 service charge for domestic purchase orders
under US$100 and US$50 for foreign purchase orders under US$250.

* From one of our distributors, including Digital Micro Systems
(http://www.dmsc.com/) and Patrick Hui's Hong Kong Robot Store
(http://home.hkstar.com/~huip/). Digital Micro Systems is currently in the
process of moving cross-country; please see below if you've purchased IC
from DMS and are having problems with support.

Note that Newton Research Labs does not currently accept credit cards.

IC 3.1 ORDER FORM

Your name will be used as part of the Interactive C key you receive.

Your address will be used to mail your permanent key and your receipt for
domestic orders. (Foreign orders will receive e-mail only for permanent key
and receipt).

Newton Labs does not give out your address to other organizations.

Name (required):
Company/Organization:
Shipping address line 1 (required):
Shipping address line 2:
City/State/Zip Code (required):
Country (leave blank for USA):
Add my mail address for Newton Research Labs product or upgrade
announcements (yes/no) ?:

----------

Your e-mail address will be used to e-mail your permanent key and your
receipt.  Newton Labs does not give out your e-mail address to other
organizations.

E-mail address (required):

Add my e-mail address to ic-users@newtonlabs.com (yes/no)?:
(ic-users@newtonlabs.com is a support list for Interactive C)

Add my e-mail address to ic-announce@newtonlabs.com (yes/no)?:
(ic-announce@newtonlabs.com is used for announcements of new features and
upgrades)

-----------

Please fill in the number of users required. (For example: if you want to
buy for a single user, just put a "1" in the slot that represents your host
platform and intended use).

Windows 95/NT Commercial/Professional use ($70/user) # of users:
Windows 95/NT Personal/Educational use ($70/user) # of users:
Macintosh Commercial/Professional use ($70/user) # of users:
Macintosh Personal/Educational use ($70/user) # of users:
UNIX Commercial/Professional use ($70/user) # of users:
UNIX Personal/Educational use ($70/user) # of users:
(UNIX includes Linux, SGI, SPARC Solaris, and SPARC SunOS)

Subtotal:

WA state residents please add sales tax (8.7%):

Total:

Randy Sargent                        Newton Research Labs
Senior Design Engineer               Robotic Systems and Software
rsargent@newtonlabs.com              http://www.newtonlabs.com/