 Robotics / Handy Board / 26
Re: Using cheap RC chasis as 'bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:23:23 GMT

I am working on developing a skid steering based mobile robot platform
which I intend to offer as a commerical product. If you have any input
regarding the features (price, performance, design, etc.), I'd be very glad
to hear from you! However, please send your input directly to me, rather
than the whole Handyboard mail-list.

My main goal is to help the average robot
hobbyist/student/educator/researcher get beyond the problem of building a
mobile robot/computer! There are so many other cool things we should all be
working on... like vision, adding personalities, speech, grippers, etc.!
Yet we constantly seem to be talking about "how can I get my
mini/handy/6.270 board to move". Let's get past this problem once and for
all!
This would be great!  I've always known that my mechanical skills
were nowhere near as good as my electronic/programming skills, and getting a
suitable base set up is a formidable problem for me.  Something like what
you propose would be the perfect solution - as long as it was affordable!
All that is really needed is a drive/steering system and the room to mount
sensors and the handy board...