 Robotics / Handy Board / 2563
  CdS cells

hi everyone, I am looking to purchase a batch of CdS photo cells but I think that I need more information before I order. The catalogs (Digi-Key, Mouser, etc.) list several different photocells (different resistances, power dissipation, etc.) and I (...) (27 years ago, 5-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: CdS cells

[David.J.Dostal@lawrence.edu] spake unto the ether: (...) I just ordered some from Mouser, the smaller of the two physical sizes they have, 3K to 100K I believe are the light/dark resistances. These give analog(PORT) values of about 10 in ordinary (...) (27 years ago, 5-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: CdS cells

David, I believe you will want to purchase ones that have a dark resistance more than say 20K. The sensor is part of a divider circuit that includes a 47K resistor. The sensed signal equals (sensor resistance)/(sensor +47K) multipled by 255. If your (...) (27 years ago, 8-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)