 Robotics / Handy Board / 2579
Re: CdS cells
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 12:01:23 GMT

David,

I believe you will want to purchase ones that have a dark resistance
more than say 20K. The sensor is part of a divider circuit that includes
a 47K resistor. The sensed signal equals (sensor resistance)/(sensor +47K)
multipled by 255. If your sensor has too low a dark resistance the
difference between bright light and no light is like 0 and 3.
That's what I got with the sensors I received from Gleason. They
have a dark resistance of about 1K. If you really want to differentiate
between light and dark you need a much larger dark resistance.

Don

Donald W. Boys, Assoc. Prof. Physics dboys@spruce.flint.umich.edu
Dept. of Physics, 303 E. Kearsley (810) 762-3397
University of Michigan-Flint Fax: (810) 762-3687
Flint, MI 48502